At New Talent, we are looking for our Client BM Global Services Buenos Aires (Important Multinational Professional Services Company in the process of Start up in Buenos Aires, Argentina), a Desktop Platform Engineer to join the Global Service Center in Buenos Aires, focused on providing high quality services to its internal clients around the world.
The company is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.
The Global Desktop Platform Engineer is a member of the Global Desktop Platforms team, one of the technical groups that comprises the Global Infrastructure team under the Firm’s Global Technology department.
The objective of the Global Desktop team is (i) is to streamline the Firm’s workstation infrastructure through simplification, standardization and automation, and (ii) provide Firm users with a secondary platform for seamless access to core applications and documents, both from within and outside the Firm.
Skills: Service vocation, Proactive, Responsible, Able to work under Pressure, Ability to Communicate effectively, Influence, Consulting Skills, Openness for Intercultural Collaboration.
Academic Credentials: Relevant University degree
• Experienced, MCSE & CCA-V certified preferred, with a solid working knowledge on a wide variety of desktop hardware and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp) server/client, including peripherals, as well as operating system, virtual computing and general business applications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Desktop OS, Group Policies, and AD
• Proficiency in building, managing and maintaining an enterprise Citrix farm and it's supporting infrastructure components. Knowledgeable in troubleshooting performance issues is required
• Knowledgeable in Windows Server and Hyper-V is preferred
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft SCCM. Detailed knowledge of its use in patching, application delivery & operating system deployment in an enterprise environment
• Proficiency in scripting and packaging applications for enterprise deployment Visual Basic & primarily Powershell is preferred
Language level: Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish; Portuguese is a plus
Work experience: Minimum of 5 years in a relevant field (Professional Services Firm and/or Shared Service Centre is preferred).
Specifically, the Desktop Team provides and organizes the following:
• Create and maintain a single and global desktop SOE containing all core software components and configurations
• Create and maintain a single global Citrix server baseline build
• Maintain the Firm's mobile computing environment
• Package core and specialized applications in a consistent and modular way so that they can be published, pushed, pulled down on demand
• Create and define hardware standards for new Firm owned desktop and laptop purchases
• Define, develop and review Citrix and Workstation standards, policies and recommendations, as needed.
• Operating system and application patching and deployment
• Establish processes to ensure that local office feedback is incorporated into standards and policies
• Ensure duplication of effort and re-engineering is minimized
• Ensure that knowledge is captured and shared efficiently to reduce incident resolution times
• Assist in the continual development and expansion of existing Citrix and SCCM toolsets to deliver the best possible user experience to all clients within the firm
• Participate and collaborate on global, regional and local projects. In addition to the above responsibilities, the Desktop Team provides Tier-3 support and assistance on incidents escalate from across the local offices as well as other global IT and business services
Full Time position
Excellent contracting conditions and important benefits
Please send your CV in Spanish and English.
We are waiting for your application!